1. If you are working at heights on busy site, have your hand tools been fitted with lanyards to stop potential injuries caused by accidental tool dislodgement?
2. Choose modular systems that can be used in several configurations to maximise its usefulness. Bolt-free Ringlock scaffold systems feature rosettes which provide eight connections on each 500mmH increment – four fixed and four at variable angles.
3. Have you allowed for safe access and egress from scaffold by means of a ladder gate or similar?
4. For long duration/permanent height access issues, a custom designed and built aluminium option could provide the best solution.
5. Make sure your scaffolding is being regularly checked by a certified installer throughout the project, and that your Scaftag records are kept current. Best practice is for a check every 7 days.
6. Ensure the scaffolding that you use is of sound quality. Look for ISO9001 certified suppliers, check that the gear meets the requirements of AS/NZS 1576, and stay within the weight loadings and guidelines set out by the manufacturer or supplier.
SAFESMART ACCESS IS A PRE-EMINENT SUPPLIER OF SCAFFOLDING AND SPECIALIST HEIGHT ACCESS EQUIPMENT IN NEW ZEALAND AND AROUND THE WORLD.